Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Only two years left...

So, apparently if you're not married by the time your 30 years old, there is no hope. Someone asked me yesterday if I was married. Here's how the conversation went, and I am not kidding you, this is really how it went:

Person: "Are you married?"
Me: "No."
P: "Are you engaged?"
M: "No."
P: "Were you engaged?"
M: "No."

Silence...
P: "Are you divorced?"
M: "NO!"

P: "How old are you?"
M: "I'm 27...well, I'll be 28 in July."
P: "Oh, well you still have 2 years...just keep looking."

I crap you not! So, let me get this straight: 30 is the cutoff for marriage. If you're not married by then it's curtains. In 2 years, I'll be washed up, an old maid if you will. I may as well purchase 10 cats right now and get it over with. Sometimes I can't believe the lack of tact that some people have. Well, coming from this person I guess I should, but that's beside the point. I'm thinking I should have said something like: "Quite frankly I've been through so many men, I honestly can't keep track anymore." I know...I'm a hoochie. Anyways, if you're not married by now you better get crackin' because 30 will creep up on you real fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home