Friday, December 01, 2006

An Update...

So, a few weeks back I sent a query to Relevant Magazine about an article that I wanted to submit. A query is basically a description of the article, how many words, etc., and after they read it and make a decision they tell you if they want it or not. Well, I got an e-mail from one of the editors today stating that they would like the article and it will be published in either the print edition or the on-line magazine. Either way I'm super stoked because I will be published! I've wanted to try and do this for years, but out of fear of rejection I've never submitted anything. I'm not sure when it will be out, but I am just so happy. Anyways, that the latest scoop. I'm going to see the Nativity Story tonight...we'll see how it is. It's hard for me to handle Christian cinema, however some of it is so absolutley ridiculous you can't help but fall in love with it (ie. Pamela's Prayer, A Thief in the Night).

I've been working on some stuff for the CCH Girls' Breakfast. Rana will be speaking this year so I'm excited about that. We're kinda changing things up a bit this year, I think it will be cool. Well, that's about it on this end. Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

Congrats on the article! Keep me posted on whatever you find out. Hopefully the movie doesn't suck donkeys too bad, I agree with you about typical Christian cinema (and music too). After years of joking around about donning a wig and crashing the girls breakfast, I'm looking forward to actually doing it this year. (just kidding)

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Park Webmaster said...

Today, we took our whole staff to see The Nativity Story, starring Keisha Castle-Hughes as Mary and Oscar Isaac as Joseph. My instant review is that it is faithful to the Biblical story, given that there is not a lot of scriptural text to work with in making the film. I agreed with Peter Chattaway of Christianity Today who said ” Castle-Hughes was a bit of a blank”.

Overall, I felt the strongest character was Joseph, who faced a cultural uncomfortable situation, (pregnant fiancée), yet continually showed us that he would do the right thing and make the right decision, in leading and guiding his family. In this film, Joseph is freed to show us the struggles that he faced – no whitewashing of the strain he felt in his home village and the sense of betrayal by Mary. Yet he shows us a sense of humor on the journey.

I think this was brilliantly filmed in Morocco, Italy, Nazareth and France and served as an authentic story-telling of the Nativity story when the God of the universe stepped into our reality and allowed His son to be born of a human mother.

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home